The benefits of E-FLY are twofold; for the final user, time and cost reduction is achieved by UAV based infrastructure inspection, and for the solution provider, an innovative offering is provided on top of Edge Computing targeting infrastructure operators and surveillance/inspection companies.
E-FLY provides a UAV based infrastructure inspection framework, and takes advantage of Edge Computing to provide the following benefits:
- Cost and time savings
- Less time on-site due to rapid data collection
- Access to difficult to access areas
- Multiple datasets in a single one flight (visual inspection, orthophotos, etc.)
- Real-time data processing
- Automatic detection of incidents
- Simplified maintenance tasks
- Assessment of evolution of incidents
- Anticipation and early warning of possible anomalies
Benefits of E-FLY are applicable to diverse Critical Infrastructure inspection and monitoring cases (gas, powerlines, and roads) and other sectors (delivery and traffic control).